Formula One pre-season testing at Jerez finally saw some sunshine overnight and Australia’s Mark Webber made the most hay while it did. Webber piloted his Red Bull RB6 to the quickest time posted at Jerez so far in 2010 with a time of 1:19.299. Last week Lewis Hamilton topped the sheets with his lap of 1:19.583.
A full list of times from last night can be seen below, with the dry weather allowing all teams to record their best times for the week.
Mark Webber isn’t getting ahead of himself, though, and he knows pre-season form doesn’t count for much. Speaking to autsport.com he said, “I promise you that in Malaysia we won’t be talking about the second test in Jerez, things change fast in F1.”
Fernando Alonso was second fastest last night (1.20.115) and the word on the street is that the Ferrari F10 is shaping up as the car to beat in 2010.
After the jump you can see a gallery of pics featuring Ferrari, Lotus, Mercedes GP, Red Bull, Renault and Toro Rosso.
The final day of testing will start in a couple of hours and the only change to the original schedule will see Jenson Button behind the wheel of the McLaren instead of Hamilton. You can follow all the action by reading AUSmotive’s F1 list on twitter. Also keep an eye on the autosport.com website for their live updates as well.
Lap times, Jerez, 19 February 2010:
- Webber, Red Bull – 1.19.299 (115 laps)
- Alonso, Ferrari – 1.20.115 (132)
- Button, McLaren – 1.20.394 (101)
- Hulkenberg, Williams – 1.21.432 (138)
- Schumacher, Mercedes GP – 1.21.437 (79)
- Kubica, Renault – 1.21.916 (100)
- Sutil, Force India – 1.21.939 (69)
- Kobayashi, Sauber – 1.22.228 (28)
- Alguersuari, Toro Rosso – 1.22.564 (120)
- Di Grassi, Virgin Racing – 1.23.504 (34)
- Kovalainen, Lotus – 1.23.521 (68)