Red Bull Racing has just unveiled its new RB7 racecar at Valencia. For now, there’s just a few studio pics. Once their media portal has been updated with images from Valencia and press releases we’ll have the material here for you.
For now, you can view the above image as a 4000px mega image, while the following pics can be viewed at 2000px. Simply click on the images to launch the larger sizing.
UPDATE: Launch pics and RB7 tech specs have been added below. The 2011 Red Bull Racing press pack can be downloaded HERE (4mb PDF).
[Pics: Red Bull/Getty Images]
Red Bull Racing RB7 technical specification
- Chassis: Composite monocoque structure, designed and built in-house, carrying theRenault V8 engine as fully stressed member
- Transmission: Seven-speed gearbox, longitudinally mounted with hydraulic system for power shift and clutch operation. AP racing clutch.
- Wheels: OZ Racing,
- Front: 12.0in x 13in diam.,
- Rear: 13.7in x 13in diam.
- Tyres: Pirelli
Front: Aluminium alloy uprights, carbon composite double wishbone with springs and anti-roll bar, multimatic dampers
Rear: aluminium alloy uprights, carbon composite double wishbone with springs and anti-roll bar, multimatic dampers
- Brakes: Brembo calipers, Brembo carbon discs and pads
- Electronics: FIA (MESL) standard control unit
- Fuel: Total Group
Renault Engine RS27 – 2011
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Capacity: 2400cc
- Max rpm: 18,000rpm
- Number of valves: 32
- Vee angle: 90 degrees
- Power output: Not disclosed
- Engine construction: Cylinder block in cast aluminium
- Engine management: FIA (MESL) standard control unit TAG310B
- Oil: Total Group
- Weight: FIA minimum weight of 95kg