Kamui Kobayashi took the Sauber C31 to the top of the timesheets on the final day in Barcelona. His best time of 1:22.312 was the quickest of the four days of testing at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Pastor Maldonado followed his good work from yesterday to be second fastest, while Paul Di Resta was next best.
As was the norm Kobayashi set his time in the morning session and was running Soft compound tyres. Only Di Resta was able to improve his standing in the afternoon session.
The teams will return to Barcelona for one final pre-season test on 1–4 March.
2012 F1 pre-season testing – Barcelona (Day 4)
- Kobayashi, Sauber – 1m22.312s (145 laps)
- Maldonado, Williams – 1m22.561s +0.249 (134 laps)
- Di Resta, Force India – 1m23.119s +0.807 (101 laps)
- Button, McLaren – 1m23.200s +0.888 (115 laps)
- Massa, Ferrari – 1m23.563s +1.251 (103 laps)
- Webber, Red Bull – 1m23.774s +1.462 (85 laps)
- Vergne, Toro Rosso – 1m23.792s +1.480 (92 laps)
- Rosberg, Mercedes – 1m23.843s +1.531 (139 laps)
- Kovalainen, Caterham – 1m26.968s +4.656 (70 laps)
All Timing Unofficial
[Source: Autosport | Pic: Sauber Motorsport AG]