We’ve known for sometime the list price for the RS Q3 would be a pretty sharp $81,900, but now we have more detail on the level of spec and the options packages Audi Australia has put together.
Suffice to say if you tick all of the option packs you’ll be looking at smidge over $92,500 before on road costs. Although, the standard level of spec is not too bad; further details are available after the break.
Audi Australia boss Andrew Doyle is keen to remind us all that, in Audispeak, the RS Q3 is quite cheap.
“Our price point of $81,900 is really going to motivate buyers to look at the legendary â€˜RSâ€™ Audi sports car they have always wanted,” Doyle said. “No other car offers anything like the kind of performance, versatility or exclusivity of an Audi RS model at this price point. Itâ€™s a truly unique vehicleâ€”the first of its kindâ€”and we believe it will only further expand on Australiaâ€™s growing love of performance SUV models.”
Let’s hope this augers well for the next-gen RS3, when it does arrive.
The $81,900 Audi RS Q3 has arrived in Australia
- The new RS Q3 is a performance SUV with Audi RS heritage
- Scorching performance combined with useful practicality
- Powerful 2.5 TFSI five-cylinder engine produces 228kW/420Nm
Canberra, Australia, 20 February, 2014 â€“ The all-new Audi RS Q3 SUV breaks new ground for sports car aficionados. The RS Q3 package combines performance and practicality into a sporty and compact design that has never been possible before, while ensuring that it stays true to Audiâ€™s rich RS heritage, thanks to its 2.5 TFSI powerhouse and typical RS styling features and quality.
The Audi RS Q3 pioneers a new segment of performance vehicle. The first RS model priced under $100,000, the RS Q3 has moved the goalposts closer for brand enthusiasts who aspire to own a member of Audiâ€™s elite RS family.
â€œOur price point of $81,900 is really going to motivate buyers to look at the legendary â€˜RSâ€™ Audi sports car they have always wanted,â€ said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia Pty Ltd.
â€œNo other car offers anything like the kind of performance, versatility or exclusivity of an Audi RS model at this price point. Itâ€™s a truly unique vehicle â€“ the first of its kind â€“ and we believe it will only further expand on Australiaâ€™s growing love of performance SUV models,â€ said Mr Doyle.
The RS Q3 is powered by a five-cylinder 2.5-litre TFSI engine that develops 228kW of power and 420Nm of torque. Distributed to all four wheels via quattro all-wheel-drive technology and through a seven-speed S tronic transmission, the RS Q3 launches to 100 km/h in just 5.2 seconds.
The suspension set-up has been completely redesigned for the RS Q3, and the centre of gravity is 25 mm lower to balance the effects of RS-bred performance. To support the weight distribution further, the battery has been moved to the rear, on the driverâ€™s side. The result is vehicle weight distribution that is close to optimum, maximizing driver enjoyment.
Despite its sharp price point, the RS Q3 comes equipped with a very high level of standard equipment, as expected of an Audi RS model.
- RS specific styling, front and rear
- RS high-performance brake system, wave disc design at the front
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with a high-resolution 7-inch colour display, 20 GB of hard drive storage and 2 SD card readers
- Audi parking system plus with rear view camera
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with audio streaming
- Sports seats with Fine Nappa leather and RS embossing
- Electrically adjustable front seats with 4-way lumbar support
- Automatic dual zone climate controlled air conditioning
- Automatically dimming interior mirror, exterior mirrors; electrically folding, automatically dimming on the driverâ€™s side
- RS specific interior highlights
In addition, the RS Q3 is also available with the following high-value packages:
RS performance package â€“ $5,250
- Choice of 20â€ alloy wheels in 5-twin spoke V design or 5-arm â€˜rotorâ€™ design in matt titanium look or 5-arm â€˜rotorâ€™ design in matt black
- Sports seats in fine Nappa leather upholstery and trim with diamond-patterned stitching with RS embossing in the front seatbacks
- Front and rear brake calipers in RS design red
- BOSE sound system
- Inlays in carbon fibre
- Digital radio reception (DAB+)
Assistance package â€“ $2,490
- Adaptive headlights
- Audi side assist
- Audi active lane assist
- High beam assist
- Hill descent assist
- Hill hold assist
Extended matt aluminium styling package â€“ $1,500
- Matt aluminium styling package; funnel-shaped air intake and front side flaps, side fins on the RS roof edge spoiler and top edge of rear diffuser insert in matt aluminium look
- Additional quattro logo in matt aluminium look in the front funnel-shaped air intake
Audi exclusive black high-gloss package â€“ $1,500
- Radiator grille frame, radiator grille, front number plate holder and trim strips on window slot and roof frame in high-gloss black; roof rails in matt black
- Exterior mirror housings in body colour
Since launch in March 2012, the Audi Q3 SUV has led its segment in Australia. The company expects the addition of the RS performance model to generate even further success for its compact SUV, adding an additional 100 unit sales to the Q3 model range in 2014.
While it is a completely new model, the Audi RS Q3 is likely to appeal to high-achieving customers who lead an active lifestyle, with interests ranging from sporting activities, to fitness, and outdoor activities. The RS Q3 is a vehicle that will stand out from the crowd, while at the same time blending its superior performance with understatement.