2014 Rally Poland in pictures
While it’s true we have missed out on regular WRC updates you haven’t missed out on anything you couldn’t have guessed for yourself. And that’s Sebastien Ogier has won another rally and is well on the way to his second world championship.
Also happy with his time in Poland was junior Volkswagen driver Andreas Mikkelesen who achieved his best WRC result to date. It was good to see Thierry Nueville at the somewhat pointy end, too. Let’s hope Hyundai can figure more prominently in the second half of the season.
Ogier leads Jari-Matti Latvala by 50 points in the title race. And if you were in any doubt about Volkswagen’s current WRC dominance then consider that Latvala, only in second in the championship, has enough points on his own to lead the manufacturers’ standings.
So now you’re up to speed on where the WRC is at and we promise you won’t have to wait over a month for a Rally Finland update!
2014 WRC Rally Poland
- Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen Polo R WRC â€“ 2:34:02.00
- Andreas Mikkelsen Volkswagen Polo R WRC â€“ +1:07.7
- Thierry Neuville Hyundai i20 WRC â€“ +2:13.5
2014 WRC drivers’ standings (top 5)
- Sebastien Ogier Volkswagen Motorsport â€“ 166pts
- Jari-Matti Latvala Volkswagen Motorsport â€“ 116pts
- Andreas Mikkelsen Volkswagen Motorsport II â€“ 83pts
- Mads Ostberg Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT â€“ 66pts
- Mikko Hirvonen M-Sport World Rally Team â€“ 52pts
2014 WRC manufacturers’ standings (top 5)
- Volkswagen Motorsport â€“ 262pts
- Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT â€“ 115pts
- M-Sport World Rally Team â€“ 90pts
- Volkswagen Motorsport II â€“ 82pts
- Hyundai Shell World Rally Team â€“ 80pts