An advertisement in this month’s Wheels magazine has given Australian readers their first look at pricing for the new VW Golf. And it looks like good news, too.
According to the image above (click to view full ad) the entry level model pricing for a six speed manual equipped Golf 90 TSI Trendline starts at $25,990, or the same point as the outgoing Mk5 model of similar specification (based on Volkswagen’s latest price list, marked 27 January 2009).
More details as they come to hand, with the official reveal scheduled for this Friday at the Melbourne International Motor Show.
UPDATE 25 Feb: Volkswagen Australia released a press statement today, containing all current prices for the local market. The full model line up, including price list and options can be viewed after the jump.
Volkswagen Mk6 Golf – Australian pricing
25 February 2009
- Golf 90TSI Trendline 6 Speed Manual – $25,990
- Golf 90TSI Trendline 7 Speed DSG – $28,490
- Golf 118TSI Comfortline 6 Speed Manual – $30,490
- Golf 118TSI Comfortline 7 Speed DSG – $32,990
- Golf 103TDI Comfortline 6 Speed Manual – $33,190
- Golf 103TDI Comfortline 6 Speed DSG – $35,690
- Metallic / Pearl Effect Paint – $700
- Electric Glass Sunroof – $1,900
- Comfort Package – Trendline – $2,200
- Sport Package* – Comfortline – $2,000
- Dynaudio Excite 300W Premium Audio System with RCD510 – $1,800
- Satellite Navigation RNS510 – $3,000
- Satellite Navigation RNS510 with Dynauido Excite 300W – $4,000
- Rear View Camera (RVC) (with RNS510) – $500
- Media Device Interface (MDI) – $270
- Leather Upholstery – Comfortline – $3,300
- Park Assist with front and rear parking sensors and Optical Parking System –*$1,400
- Adaptive Chassis Control – $1,500
- Front Fog Lights with Static Cornering Lights – $400
- Anti-theft Alarm System – $600
* Please see your Volkswagen Dealer for combination prices with Leather Upholstery and Adaptive Chassis Control.