You’re looking at one of the first spy shots of BMW’s new F23 2 Series convertible, which has just been captured on the streets of Munich. The F22 coupÃ© will actually be the first to go into production, but as with the former E82/E88 1 Series coupÃ©/convertible it was the ragtop that was spied first.
The best news is that BMW looks to be addressing the ghastly headlight styling of the current F20 1 Series hatch. Although, it is hard to tell with that heavy camouflage, it appears as though the new convertible will have a more rakish/sporty front end compared with its predecessor.
The 2 Series is scheduled for production in the latter half of next year, so expect to see spy shots in future with more bodywork gradually being revealed.
According to BimmerPost this is what we’ll see from the 2 Series platform:
- 2 Series CoupÃ© (F22)
- 2 Series Convertible (F23)
- M235i M Performance Automobile (based on current M135i)
- M2 Coupeâ€”1M coupe replacement (with a 2.0 litre turbo four cylinder)
- 2 Series Gran CoupÃ© (four door coupÃ©)
- 2 Series Gran Sports Tourer
- M2 Gran Coupeâ€”M version of 2 Series Gran CoupÃ©