A convoy of F22-based BMW 2 Series models have recently been spied enjoying Europe’s chilly and snowy conditions. Out on the run, it’s speculated, were a 228i and range-topping M235i, with the possibility of one or two other unidentified models as well. There’s a video of the cars to see after the break also, for a brief moment you get to hear BMW’s lovely inline six snorting away as well.
Apparently the M235i will take the place of the expected 235i model, which may leave it as the sole six-cylinder powered car in the 2 Series lineup. Pending confirmation of the engine in the M2, of course.
Production for the F22 coupe and F23 convertible is expected to start in November this year, which probably means we’ll see a full reveal, or concept model at least, at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
Here’s a repeat of our earlier list showing what we can expect to see in the full 2 Series range:
- 2 Series CoupÃ© (F22)
- 2 Series Convertible (F23)
- M235i M Performance Automobile (based on current M135i)
- M2 Coupeâ€”1M coupe replacement (with a 2.0 litre turbo four cylinder?)
- 2 Series Gran CoupÃ© (four door coupÃ©)
- 2 Series Gran Sports Tourer
- M2 Gran Coupeâ€”M version of 2 Series Gran CoupÃ©
[Source: Bimmerpost | Thanks to Rob for the tip]