Subaru Australia has kicked off the new year by allowing consumers to officially buy a BRZ sportscar from their local bricks and mortar dealership.
Until 1 January 2014 BRZ sales had been handled exclusively online, mainly due to limited supply from Japan. Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, explains that’s now a thing of the past, although the option to buy online will remain.
“Production efficiencies at Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru cars, have presented this opportunity to expand BRZ sales into our retail network,” Senior said. “It’s great for our customers, because they have the choice of buying online at a driveaway price, or using the more traditional dealer method.”
A total of 1800 BRZs have already been sold by Subaru Australia.
BRZ Now in Dealers
January 2 2014
Subaru’s ultra-popular BRZ sports coupe is now available for sale in the brand’s authorised retail network for the first time.
Until January 1, 2014, the multi award-winning BRZ was sold exclusively online in Australia, due to limited production availability from Japan.
But with increased manufacturing of BRZ, it is now available via all authorised Subaru dealers.
The recommended National Driveaway Price* (NDP) for the six-speed manual is $37,150 and for the six-speed automatic is $39,730 NDP. This is in line with the online prices.
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “Production efficiencies at Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru cars, have presented this opportunity to expand BRZ sales into our retail network.
“It’s great for our customers, because they have the choice of buying online at a driveaway price, or using the more traditional dealer method.
“It’s also great for dealers in our network, which have the opportunity to display one of Australia’s most popular sports cars in their showroom.”
Subaru has sold 1800 BRZs in Australia since launch in July 2012.
Such was the car’s popularity on launch that the initial allocation sold-out after just three hours of going “live” on the web.
The car has gained multiple international awards, including:
- Carsales Australia network’s 2013 People’s Choice Best Performance Car Under $100,000 (with the Toyota 86).
- motoring.com.au 2013 “Recommends” award – a preferred performance car under $100,000
- 2013 Ward’s 10 “Best Engines” award
- News Limited Carsguide People’s Choice Award 2012
- TopGear Australia Fun-est Car of the Year 2012
- 2012 Wheels Car of the Year on the 50th anniversary of the prestigious Australian award.
- News Limited/Carsguide Car of the Year 2012
- Carsales Australia network’s 2012 People’s Choice Best Performance Car Under $100,000 (with the Toyota 86).
- 2013 Sports Car of the Year by Canadian website Auto123.com.
- 2012-2013 Japan Car of the Year “Special Award” (with the Toyota 86).
- 2012 Sports Car of the Year in French car magazine, Echappement.
*The recommended National Driveaway Price includes the vehicle price, 12 months private registration, stamp duty, CTP insurance cost estimate (based on private purchaser with good driving record), and is not applicable to business or government buyers.