Subaru Australia announced the pricing and spec deatils for the all new WRX STI during the week. There’s good and bad news, too. The good news is they have slashed the pricing compared with the previous model. The bad news is, if you already own the old model, your resale has just been smashed!
The WRX STI is offered in standard trim for a list price of $49,990 along with the WRX STI Premium for $54,990. That represents five-figure savings against the old models.
Powered by a 2.5 litre boxer engine the key stats of power (221kW at 6000rpm) and torque (407Nm at 4000rpm) fare well against the STI’s competition. Although fuel consumption (10.4l/100km) and CO2 emissions (242g/km) don’t look so good.
The STI weighs 1525kg (Premium 1537kg) but can still manage to reach 100km/h in 4.9 seconds. A figure Subaru assures us has been achieved in local testing.
Subaru Australia says it has increased the standard equipment in the new STI and a comprehensive press release available below has all the details for you.
STI-ll the One
Subaru has launched the fourth generation of its ultimate performance car, the All-Wheel Drive WRX STI, with a hot new price and aggressive new look.
Drivability and dynamics are at a whole new level, thanks to significant changes to body, chassis and suspension – already drawing rave reviews internationally for the fusing of power and control in a potent package.
WRX STI is priced from $49,990, an amazing $10,000 less than the superseded car.
This is despite a dramatic lift in standard equipment that includes:
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Multi-Function Display – includes turbo boost pressure display
- Push button start with smart key technology
- Entertainment system powering through harman kardon® speakers and amp
- High quality soft-touch interior
- Active torque vectoring
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Factory fitted satellite navigation
- Reversing camera
- Daytime Running Lights
- Dusk sensing LED headlights with halogen high-beam and rain sensing wipers
- Shark fin radio antenna
- Increased cabin space
- Dual-zone climate control air conditioning
It has a roomier, more sophisticated interior, while the iconic rear wing, 18-inch alloy wheels and STI badging differentiate it on the road.
However, in a first for WRX STI, customers can order it without the wing, as a no-cost delete option.
The bonnet scoop sits lower and wider, to benefit both efficiency and driver visibility.
It is super safe too – sharing Subaru’s best ever overall score from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) with WRX.
It adds a driver’s knee airbag, reversing camera and even better visibility, with wing mirrors located on the doors, reducing blind-spots.
WRX STI features Brembo brakes, distinguished visually by a white STI logo on the black painted calipers, while new design 18-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels underline the car’s sporty credentials.
It has a turbocharged 2.5-litre Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine that produces 221 Kilowatts of power at 6000 rpm and 407 Newtonmetres of torque at 4000 rpm.
The added ingredient of multi-mode Driver’s Control Centre Differential (DCCD) makes it a potent package, while the addition of a turbo boost pressure gauge in the cabin Multi-Function Display highlights performance.
Active Torque Vectoring is also introduced on WRX STI as part of a comprehensive suite of Vehicle Dynamics Control technologies.
WRX STI’s drivability was honed in development testing under demanding conditions in several countries, including ultra-high speed road drives on Germany’s challenging Nürburgring circuit. WRX STI will make its official motorsport debut there in June.
New WRX STI achieves a new level of drivability thanks to symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, fully re-tuned suspension, stiffened structure and quicker steering ratio.
Inside, it introduces a new age of soft-touch high-quality surfaces, giving it a sophisticated yet sporty cabin ambience.
Audio is taken to a new level with the introduction of an entertainment system that powers through harman kardon® speakers, subwoofer and amplifier, with access via the satellite navigation screen.
Significantly greater use of high tensile steel produces both handling and safety benefits and combined with the stiffer suspension, it means an even more thrilling WRX STI drive experience.
Push button start with smart key technology is also a new feature on WRX STI.
New generation WRX STI is available as a sedan-only with manual transmission.
Subaru has revamped its specialist WRX STI network, increasing the number of dealers from 12 to 20 nationally.**
Additionally, there are a further 17 mainly rural WRX STI test drive centres.**
Customers will also soon have the added option to order WRX STI online at buyonline.subaru.com.au and take delivery from either a WRX STI authorized dealer or via one of the test drive centres, that will also act as delivery centres.
Nick Senior, Subaru Australia Managing Director, said: “In addition to significant exterior changes, and technological refinements, a stand-out change to WRX STI is the interior.
“No longer do customers have to choose between power and comfort – WRX STI has both in spades.
“The interior has a real quality feel. Sports seats with red accents, the gear shift lever and centre instrument panel are all exclusive to WRX STI.”
Mr Senior said WRX STI offers other areas of customer choice too: “For the first time on WRX STI the rear spoiler is a delete option.
“We realise some customers prefer a more subtle style and don’t necessarily want to make such a bold statement on the road.”
He concluded: “The new generation WRX STI is a genuine high performance sports sedan that perfectly balances exhilarating power with pure control.
“It’s the pinnacle of our performance range, both powerful and refined in a complete package – and it’s going to thrill.”
WRX STI boasts aggressive yet refined styling including new design 18-inch alloy wheels, with the option of lightweight BBS’ on the Premium variant.
It features a nose cone design with a dynamic, solid shape, housing Subaru’s classic hexagonal grille, with a mesh treatment unique to WRX STI, plus front, rear and side STI badging.
The new LED low-beam hawk eye headlights pair with the aggressive wide and low stance for which WRX STI is renowned.
For the first time, WRX STI features Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) too.
The base of the A-pillar is extended 200 mm forward, while the C-pillar smoothly transitions into the boot surface, for a flowing silhouette.
Wing mirrors are mounted on the front door panels and a new quarter window added, offering far greater visibility.
Front wing ducts and sharp side sill spoilers show off WRX STI’s sporty nature.
The rear design includes a diffuser-integrated bumper and twin dual exhausts, emphasizing the low centre of gravity and driving performance.
Rear combination lights have a thin shape, highlighting vehicle width. LED rear and brake lights, plus the high-mounted brake light, improve fuel efficiency by saving power.
For the first time, the large rear spoiler is a delete option.
Rear spoiler weight is reduced 0.3 kg, while it is raised 8.0 mm in height, aiding driver visibility.
A new shark fin radio antenna matches the body and adds more styling refinement.
WRX STI Premium variants, feature an electronic sunroof with a 25 mm greater opening, yet the motor and frame provide a 0.4 kg weight saving.
Underneath, the large floor undercover is lowered 15 mm, aiding aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
New colours are WR Blue Pearl, Crystal White Pearl, Galaxy Blue Silica and Lightning Red.
- Crystal Black Silica
- Crystal White Pearl
- Dark Grey Metallic
- Galaxy Blue Silica
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Lightning Red
- WR Blue Pearl
New WRX STI has a completely new high-quality cabin that reflects its famed engineering credentials.
Red highlights throughout the cabin underline WRX STI’s sporty character.
The bottom of the thinner A-pillar is extended 200 mm toward the front, the dashboard and front door window sills are also lower, for significant improvements in visibility – and sleek styling.
Wing mirrors are relocated to the upper door to improve the driver’s field of vision, while the physical mirror shell size is reduced for a sportier look.
Attention to detail includes the addition of a keyless access touch sensor. The door handle mechanism is also changed to make operation easier.
For added convenience, door hinges are tilted forward, for lighter opening and easier access.
The rear door quarter window is integrated into the door, increasing access space.
New WRX STI’s cockpit includes carbon-type trim panels and metal-type accents.
The interior has a quality feel and red accents on seats, gear shift lever and centre instrument panel are exclusive to WRX STI.
An illuminated STI logo is located ahead of the gear shifter, while the gear knob features a red shift pattern.
The SI-Drive selector and air conditioning controls also have red highlight rings.
WRX STI wheelbase is increased 25 mm to 2650 mm, aiding rear leg room. The cabin is also 15 mm wider, for better elbow and shoulder room, without changing total body width.
Cargo capacity is significantly improved from the superseded sedan, up 40 litres to 460 l.The solid black trim comprises quality materials that are soft to the touch.
The lower instrument panel and shoulder line also aid visibility, together with the reversing camera, which is standard across the WRX STI range.
There is glove box space for the equivalent of 16 compact discs.
For the first time, WRX STI gets a sporty D-shaped steering wheel. The grip shape is easy to hold, with a small diameter for improved response and tactile feedback, making for a more appealing drive.
It includes Multi-Information Display, audio and cruise control switches.
The steering wheel adds dimpled leather, satin plating and a distinctive STI centre logo.
Push button start with keyless entry is also introduced as standard.
Instrument gauges use a dual dial layout, 3.5-inch full colour Multi-Function Display and aluminium rings, for improved functionality – and a quality feel.
Red lighting adds to the performance aura, contrasted with the white needles.
And as another performance symbol, the Multi-Information Display includes a boost pressure display screen.
A shutter-type lid is added to WRX STI’s centre console, covering the dual cup holders.
Front and rear door openings are enlarged, making entry and exit much easier.
Boot space is expanded and made easier to use, thanks to fold-down rear seats with a large opening and 60:40 split.
The side sills feature a stainless steel plate embossed with STI.
The seats are designed for superior support – and the headrests are embossed with an STI logo.The red-theme carries over to the seat sides, plus air conditioner dial rings.
WRX STI features Alcantara fabric, with leather trim sides, while Premium variants add leather trim seats, with perforated inserts.
The front seats have larger bolsters with separate tilt-adjustable headrests, helping deliver the highest whiplash safety performance.
Driver’s seat lift has greater travel, up 20 mm to 60 mm to aid visibility.
Slide travel on both front seats is increased 24 mm to 240 mm.
The backrest is 60 mm taller, for greater support.
WRX STI’s rear seats benefit from the 25 mm wheelbase increase, providing a roomier environment.
The hip point of rear-seat occupants is raised 20 mm, while retractable saddle-shaped headrests minimise any rear view obstruction.
Adding to WRX STI’s torsional rigidity, the rear seat side hinge is attached to both the body floor and side.
Front door armrests are longer and wider for added comfort, while sun visor vanity mirrors are now cloth-covered and include lights.
The boot release is now electronic, for easier operation and includes a safety release inside the boot too.
WRX STI’s new soft-touch interior adds to the cabin’s quality ambience.
A 4.3-inch LCD Multi-Function Display (MFD) debuts in the upper centre of the instrument panel, for easy driver visibility, providing a wide variety of colour information options including:
- Turbo boost pressure gauge
- Fuel economy
- Eco evaluation
- Active safety (Vehicle Dynamics Control)
- Outside temperature
- Self check
- Passenger seatbelt warning
- Air conditioning status
- SRS airbag indicator
- Reversing camera screen
The MFD switch is centrally located so both driver and front passenger can switch between displays and change setting.
WRX STI’s new instrument cluster has a three-dimensional look, while offering a new level of information to the driver. The red lighting and white needles of the dual metallic-type surround electroluminescent gauges add to the sporty feel.
A 3.5-inch colour Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) provides a wide variety of information including:
- Driving time
- Digital speedometer
- Odometer, trip odometer
- Eco gauge
- SI-Drive status
WRX STI offers eight harman kardon® speakers, subwoofer and amplifier matched to the multi-information satellite navigation system.
The system includes USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
Among the harman kardon® highlights are:
- 440W eight-channel DSP processor/amplifier and nine speakers
- Metal Matrix Diaphragm speakers (MMD), using a metal base in the speaker cones.
- Immediate sound with crystal clear high tones and less distortion in base tones
- Sound quality, sound field and vibration suppression tuned by harman kardon® engineers
- True sound reproduction 20Hz to 20KHz
- Distinctive bass sound quality fits car image
- Compensation for road noise based on vehicle speed information
- Mass damper added to vehicle body to suppress body vibration at high audio volumes
Chassis and Body
New WRX STI’s exclusively sedan body is more rigid, integrating extensive chassis reinforcements.
Both body and suspension are stiffened, while optimized suspension geometry has quickened steering response and raised the performance limit for cornering.
Active Torque Vectoring is added to the impressive suite of VDC technologies, for even more predictable and enjoyable driving.
Many hours of in-depth suspension tuning have produced a flat, sporty, yet comfortable ride.
Steering is more precise, with a quickened steering gear ratio and more rigid steering system.
New WRX STI offers considerably sharper steering, with greater response and a more direct feel, all reflected in the smaller diameter D-shaped steering wheel.
The hydraulic power assisted steering produces a natural feel, while also contributing to a 2.0 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency.
It has a quicker steering ratio of 13.0:1 while the gearbox mount bushings are 230 per cent stiffer.
New WRX STI’s impressive handling is the product of multiple front and rear suspension changes that have produced a much tighter package.
The front suspension features:
- Stiffened cross-members
- More rigid control arm bushings
- Thickened strut cylinders
- Stabilizer bar diameter up from 21 to 24 mm
- Higher spring rates (+39 per cent)
- Transverse link rear bushings 10 mm lower for improved agility
- Added stiffening plates to support front mounts for more linear handling response
- Front control arm plate thickened for reduced road noise and added rigidity
- AL lower arm with racing-type pillow ball bushing
- Lateral stiffness up 14 per cent
Rear suspension features:
- Stiffened sub frame and trailing link bushings
- Rear lateral outer bushings changed to racing-type pillow ball
- Stabilizer diameter up from 19 to 20 mm
- Stiffened springs (+62 per cent)
- Lowered rear sub frame front mounts for lateral links and 3 mm of initial toe-in added
- Added rear sub frame supports
- Shock mounts on rear lateral arms moved 10mm outward
- Lateral stiffness up 35 per cent
New WRX STI has an overall stiffer structure, with increased use of high-strength steels.
While offering similar weight to the superseded model, it is significantly stronger.
It features a 9.0 per cent increase in use of 590 MPa steel, adds 980 MPa steel – representing 4.0 per cent of the body – and hot stamp steel equaling 2.0 per cent.
There are significant structural reinforcements with broad benefits including:
- Torsional and bending rigidity increased for body stiffness and durability
- Front bulkhead and A-pillar joints
- Rear floor and rear apron joints
- Rear apron and rear panel joints
- Torsional rigidity up approximately 40 per cent
- Bending rigidity up approximately 30 per cent
Active Torque Vectoring System
This improves near-limit cornering performance by applying the brake to the inner front wheel and distributing torque to the outer front wheel. This produces more neutral steering.
The difference between Torque Vectoring and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) is that the latter monitors yaw rate and controls each of the brakes in the event of over or understeer, for stable cornering.
Multi-Mode VDC System
This system offers drivers the ability to choose a mode to suit their situation.
- When trying to get out of slippery conditions, such as mud or snow
- Certain race track situations
- Cancels VDC and Traction Control System (TCS)-only
- Torque Vectoring still active
- Effective on race tracks
WRX STI’s combined steering, suspension, body and system changes combine to greatly enhance handling.
FHI engineers benchmarked the best-in-class for emergency lane changes, producing a new WRX STI with:
- Improved tyre grip, particularly rear-end
- A more rigid chassis
- Improved VDC control
- Higher lateral acceleration limits
- Quicker and more linear response to steering inputs
- Increased turn-in, even in high-G situations
New WRX STI has a 2.5-litre turbocharged Direct Overhead Camshaft Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine with dual Active Valve Control System (AVCS).
It produces an impressive 221 Kilowatts of power at 6000 rpm and 407 Newtonmetres of torque at 4000 rpm, while meeting strict EURO5 emission standards.
Acceleration response is enhanced through fine-tuning of the Engine Control Unit computing power and boost pressure control, delivering an even more agile drive experience.
The larger intercooler is reshaped to maintain distance between it and the car’s frame structure.
The dual AVCS optimizes torque performance via valve timing, especially in the most frequently used 2000-4000 rpm range.
A new secondary air system links to the exhaust port of the cylinder head, aiding cold starts. It reduces hydrocarbon emissions by re-combusting unburned fuel and helping earlier activation of the catalytic converter.
A new high flow fuel pump ensures sufficient flow to improve engine power.
It discharges 175 litres per hour at a discharge pressure of 300 kPa.
The fuel pump controller has three modes to vary pump loads according to fuel use, ensuring power and torque efficiency.
WRX STI employs a reinforced six-speed manual transmission. Coupled with short throw shifting, the combination produces a thrilling drive.
The revised transmission has better tactile feedback, for a sportier shift feel.
It includes the multi-mode DCCD system, allowing the driver to freely select centre differential control characteristics, depending upon road conditions and driver preferences.
Shifting of the six-speed manual transmission is made easier, while vibration is reduced.
The shift detent mechanism is revised to increase tactile feedback and a smoother shift feel.
Vibration noise is reduced through fine-tuning of the scissor gear spring of the reverse idler gear.
WRX STI drivers can use three operation modes, using the proven Subaru Intelligent (SI-Drive) system.
- I (Intelligent) – Provides smooth power output and improved fuel economy. Variable shift when accelerator position less than 40 per cent.
- S (Sport) – Increases use of higher engine speeds for sporty driving. Variable shift when accelerator position less than 30 per cent.
- S# (Sport Sharp) – Sharper throttle response.
Multi-Mode Driver Control Centre Differential
The system allows drivers to select centre differential characteristics to suit road conditions, using the Multi-Mode Control knob in the centre console.
- AUTO MODE – The default setting is “AUTO” when the engine is started, providing all-round control across the broad range of driving conditions.
- AUTO+ MODE – “AUTO+” mode sets the rear differential limiting to high. Focusing on traction, it is suited to slippery surfaces and conditions needing stability.
- AUTO- MODE – “AUTO-” mode sets the rear differential limiting torque to low, increasing steering response for a lighter, more agile drive.
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
WRX STI’s “always on” AWD system features a Viscous Limited Slip Centre Differential.
It produces minimal powertrain loss and aids driving dynamics, regardless of road surface or weather.
WRX STI’s AWD also offers added traction to get full capability from the chassis.
WRX STI has 18 x 8.5J dark gunmetal alloy wheels with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx RT 245/40R18 97W tyres.
The standard wheel is 15 per cent more rigid while weighing 1 kg less, for improved handling stability and ride comfort.
WRX STI Premium has the same size tyre, with BBS forged cast alloy wheel, which is also 1 kg lighter.
WRX STI safety is enhanced in all areas, reflected in its independent five-star rating for occupant safety from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).
It has an overall score of 35.85 out of a possible 37, while achieving the highest possible pedestrian safety and whiplash ratings.
The addition of a driver’s knee airbag takes the overall airbag count to seven.
Among the safety features:
- Seven Airbags
- Vehicle Dynamics Control stability system
- Ring-shaped reinforcement frames around the cabin – protects occupants in event of heavy collision or roll-over
- Brake Assist and Brake Override
- Driver’s side knee airbag (new)
- Wing mirrors relocated to doors, for enhanced visibility (new)
- Lower instrument panel and shoulder line + front quarter windows = better vision (new)
- Reversing camera
- Seats – highest rating for whiplash protection
WRX STI features Brembo brakes, distinguished visually by a white STI logo on the black painted calipers, with 17-inch 4POT front and 17-inch 2POT rear.
The booster features high response 8-inch and 9-inch tandem tie rods.
Rigidity is improved and chassis performance enhanced along with Vehicle Dynamics Control.
According to Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru vehicles, WRX STI offers the best obstacle avoidance performance in its class, making driving excitement a safe endeavour in most scenarios.
Underlining passive safety credentials, WRX STI employs more high tensile steel plating, with strengthened joints of key structures. While reducing weight, these changes also produce a stronger body with world-class safety performance in front, rear, or side collisions.
In addition to extensive use of collision-absorbing structure in the bonnet and bulkhead, similar materials are added in the side of the engine compartment, for increased pedestrian protection.
All WRX STI’s feature LED headlights with halogen high-beam, with light distribution increased around 35 per cent over the superseded model.
All variants have Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), LED tail lights, LED indicator lights – integrated into the side mirrors – and front and rear fog lights.
“Welcome home” lights are also added, which operate by pulling the light stalk, once the ignition is switched off, activating headlights to illuminate the area ahead of the car for up to 30 seconds.
WRX STI MY15 Specifications at a Glance
- ABS anti-lock brakes with four-wheel discs and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Child seat anchor points
- Curtain airbags – full length
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Dual front airbags
- Dual side airbags
- Dusk sensing LED headlights with halogen high-beam
- Fog lights – front and rear
- Four wheel disc brakes (ventilated front, solid rear)
- Front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters. Double pretensioners on driver’s seatbelt
- Front adjustable seatbelt anchorage
- Hill Start Assist – forward and reverse
- Rear door child lock
- Reverse camera
- Seatbelt indicator lights
- Seats – highest rating for whiplash protection
- Shock absorbing brake and clutch pedals
- Side intrusion bars
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
- Three-point A/ELR rear centre seatbelt
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (electronic stability control system)
- Welcome home lights – can illuminate area ahead of car when engine off
- AUX jack + USB port
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Bottle holders in each door + two cup holders in centre console and rear doors
- Boot area light
- Central locking – remote
- Climate control air conditioning – dual zone
- Cruise control – steering wheel buttons
- Driver’s footrest
- harman kardon® sound – eight speakers, sub-woofer and amplifier
- Factory fitted satellite navigation with voice control
- Height and reach adjustable steering column
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Immobiliser security system
- Leather trim steering wheel with red stitching and audio controls; leather gearshift and handbrake
- Map lights (2)
- Power steering, mirrors and windows
- Push button start with smart key technology
- Rear illumination electroluminescent instrument cluster display and 3.5-inch Multi-Information Display
- Remote fuel lid release – tethered fuel cap
- Seatback pockets
- Security alarm
- Sports front seats with red stitching
- Two remote central locking smart keys
- Vanity mirrors – illuminated
- 4.3-inch colour LCD Multi-Information Display
- 60/40 split/fold rear seat
- 12V/120W power jacks
- Colour-coded mirrors and door handles
- Daytime Running Lights
- Double locking system
- Headlights auto off
- Mesh grille
- Privacy glass
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Rear diffuser
- Rear boot lip spoiler
- Rear LED brake lights
- Rear roof mounted colour-coded shark fin radio antenna
- Self-levelling LED headlights with pop-up washers
- Sports body kit
- Tail pipe covers – twin
- WRX STI badges – grille, boot, front guards
- 18-inch alloy wheels – space saver spare
- Alarm system
- Auto boot unlock on key
- DataDot security technology
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
- One-touch indicators
- Rear Limited Slip Differential
- 12-month Roadside Assist
- Three-year unlimited kilometre warranty
- 2.5 litre turbocharged engine. 221 kW/6000 rpm, 407 Nm/4000 rpm
WRX STI Premium Adds:
- BBS 18-inch alloy wheels
- Electric sunroof
- Heated front seats
- Heated door mirrors
- Leather trim
- Power driver’s seat – eight-way adjustable
- Wiper de-icer
WRX STI MY15 Manufacturer’s List Pricing*
- WRX STI sedan manual – $49,990 (saving of $10,000 versus MY14)
- WRX STI Premium sedan manual – $54,990 (saving of $11,000 versus MY14)
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorized Subaru dealer.
WRX STI MY15 Highlights:
- All-Wheel Drive – the ultimate all-paw grip that made WRX STI famous
- 2.5 litre Horizontally-Opposed turbocharged engine – more fuel efficient and responsive in the optimum operating range
- 0-100 km/h in 4.9 seconds (locally tested)
- Six-speed manual – sporty short-stroke gearbox for stick shifter fans
- Enhanced suspension package – sharper, more aggressive handling
- SI-Drive – user chooses mode to suit driving environment and style
- High-quality soft-touch interior surfaces – takes WRX STI interior ambience to a whole new level
- Colour Multi-Function Display – wealth of information at driver’s fingertips
- Reversing camera – maintains Subaru’s five-star safety commitment
- Driver’s knee airbag – takes the SRS airbag count up to seven
- Seats – highest rating for whiplash protection
- Push-button start with smart key technology
- Entertainment system powering through harman kardon® speakers and amp
- Entry level WRX STI is $49,990 MLP – a $10,000 saving over superseded model
- WRX STI Premium –$54,990 MLP – an $11,000 saving over superseded model
- LED headlights
WRX STI MY15 ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
- Type: Horizontally opposed, turbocharged petrol
- Cylinders: Four
- Displacement: 2457 cc
- Bore x stroke: 99.5 x 79.0
- Compression ratio: 8.2:1
- Cam-train system: DOHC with dual AVCS
- Fuel system: Multi-point sequential
- Maximum power: 221 kW / 6000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 407 Nm /4000 rpm
TRANSMISSION SIX-SPEED MANUAL
- First: 3.636
- Second: 2.235
- Third: 1.590
- Fourth: 1.137
- Fifth: 0.891
- Sixth: 0.707
- Reverse: 3.545
- Final reduction: 3.900
EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Overall length mm: 4595
- Overall width mm: 1795
- Overall height mm: 1475
- Wheelbase mm: 2650
- Tread – front mm: 1530
- Tread – rear mm: 1540
- Min. ground clearance mm: 135
- Kerb weight kg: WRX STI 1525; WRX STI Premium 1537
- Fuel consumption (L/100km) combined: 10.4
- Carbondioxide (g/km): 242
- Fuel tank capacity: 60 litres
- Minimum fuel requirement: 98 RON
STEERING, BRAKES, TYRES & TOWING
- Steering: Quick ratio hydraulic power assisted rack and pinion
- Turning circle (metres): 11.0 kerb-to-kerb
- Turning radius: 5.5 kerb-to-kerb
- Suspension: Front – Coil, McPherson strut-type; Rear – Double wishbone independent
- Brakes: Front – Brembo vacuum assisted ventilated 4-piston disc brakes; Rear – Brembo vacuum assisted ventilated dual-piston disc brakes
- Tyres: Dunlop SP Sport MAXX RT 245/40 R18 97W
- Rim: 18 x 8.5 J alloy
- Towing capacity (kg): Not available