The Audi S3 Sedan is now on sale in Australia. And while it may look like an S3 Sportback with a boot, Audi says not a single panel is shared between the two models. The price for that boot is $62,200, which is $2300 more than its hot hatch sibling.
Aside from the price and the body panels the two cars are pretty much identical.
Like the Sportback the S3 Sedan is well appointed and offers the S performance package for $4990. That gets you goodies like LED headlights, Bang & Olufsen stereo, 19″ alloys, leather seats with diamond stitching and pretty red brake calipers.
A 6-speed S tronic transmission is standard and with the 206kW/380Nm on tap the 1450kg sedan can reach 100km/h in 5.0 seconds.
Just like the Sportback.
The First-Ever Audi S3 Sedan Arrives in Australia
- Potent performance and thrilling dynamics in a new segment for Audi
- 2.0 TFSI with 206kW/380Nm, accelerating from 0-100km/h in 5.0sec
- A compact luxury sports sedan for an attainable $62,200 MLP
Australia, May 12, 2014 – The first-ever Audi S3 Sedan is now officially on-sale in Australia. Combining the sporty proportions of the new A3 Sedan, with the performance credentials of the famous S3 model name, it promises to attract a new legion of admirers to the compact luxury sports sedan market.
“With the dynamic styling of the new Audi A3 Sedan as a starting point, the new S3 model was always going to have a striking presence on the road,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“However, there is much more depth to this accomplished sports sedan than just looks. It offers enthusiasts a stirring drive, thanks to its powerful engine, lightweight chassis and quattro all-wheel-drive layout,” said Mr Doyle.
Compared to the S3 Sportback, not a single panel is shared with the S3 Sedan, which is highlighted by their unique visual character. Some buyers will prefer the extra versatility of the existing S3 Sportback bodystyle, while others will be drawn to the dynamic lines of the S3 Sedan.
The S3 Sedan sits 25mm lower than the A3 Sedan, and has a slightly shorter wheelbase (6mm) for responsive handling. Utilising the same Audi ultra lightweight technology principles as the rest of the A3 and S3 range, the S3 Sedan weighs just 1,450kg. This makes it the lightest sports sedan in its class.
The S3 Sedan is powered by a 2.0 TFSI engine that develops an impressive 206kW and 380Nm. Acceleration performance is just as noteworthy, reaching 100km/h from rest in just 5.0 seconds. Fuel efficiency is outstanding, at just 6.9 litres per 100km.
The sporty six-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission is standard on the S3 Sedan, and it combines with Audi’s quattro permanent all-wheel drive system to offer exciting dynamics.
As to be expected of an Audi S model, the S3 Sedan features a very generous list of standard equipment and features, including:
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: park assist, front & rear sensors with rear view camera
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- ‘S’ specific body kit
- ‘S’ exhaust system with quad tailpipes
- ‘S’ sports suspension
- Sport seats in fine Nappa leather, with electric seat adjustment and heating for front seats
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather-wrapped, multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel
- Convenience key
Also available for the new S3 Sedan is the S performance package, for $4,990, which combines a host of highly desirable features for drivers who want the maximum from their vehicle. The package includes:
- LED headlights
- Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Audi magnetic ride
- ‘S’ sports seats in fine Nappa leather with diamond stitching
- 19-inch alloy wheels in parallel-spoke ‘star’ design
- Front and rear brake calipers in S design red
*(Manufacturer List Pricing (MLP) – excludes registration, dealer delivery and government statutory charges)
- S3 Sedan 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 206kW 380Nm – $62,200
Fuel consumption of the models named above:
Audi S3 Sedan: Combined fuel consumption in l/100 km: 6.9; Combined CO2-emissions in g/km: 159