Finally, Top Gear has come to Australia to film a segment. At least that’s the conclusion to draw after Jeremy, James and Richard were spotted in the Northern Territory town of Katherine last week.
Presumably in the top end to take advantage of reintroduced and extended desrestricted roads, Clarkson was at the wheen of a BMW M6 Grand Coupe, Hammond had a Bentley Continental GT and May had to make do with a troublesome Nissan GT-R.
There’s also been sightings of a drag race at an airstrip in Batchelor, south of Darwin, and it’s understood the cast and crew are heading to Perth. A Darwin–Perth race perhaps?
Presumably the segment being filmed will feature in the upcoming Series 22 and if you’d like to see what else you can expect when the new series airs in early 2015 just take a peak after the jump.
[Pic: Emily Worrall | Thanks to Tiaan for the tip]
Segments likely to feature in Top Gear, Series 22
- Patagonia race (see video above)
- Argentina road trip
- Make your own Ambulance challenge
- Electric powered race to Russia
- Euro car challenge at UK Japfest show
- LaFerrari v McLaren P1 v Porsche 918 Spyder (30 min special)
- Road tests:
- Alfa Romeo 4C (Jeremy)
- BMW i8 (Jeremy)
- Corvette Stingray (Jeremy)
- LaFerrari (James)
- Porsche 911 Turbo S (James)