Apparently MINI is not set to release details on its new John Cooper Works model until next week, but Australian media has reportedly led the way in giving the world an early look at what is the fastest MINI ever made.
Here’s the key stats:
- 2.0 litre turbocharged engine
- 170kW between 5200–6000rpm
- 320Nm of torque, available from 1250–4800rpm
- 0–100km/h in 6.1 seconds (6-speed auto)
- 0–100km/h in 6.3 seconds (6-speed manual)
- 6-speed manual transmission available
- 1205kg (+15kg for auto)
- Electronic diff lock
- Increased track
- 17″ alloys standard, 18″ optional
The F56 JCW will make its show debut in Detroit next January. Expect it to be on sale locally in late 2015.
[Source: Drive.com.au | Thanks to Andrew for the tip]