For now, there’s still no mention of the optional RS Performance Packs, but your local dealer will have all that for you now if you like. We expect the PR department will come good with a press release when the RS3 is launched here in October.
A brief listing of standard equipment is listed below.
Audi RS 3 Sportback set for October launch
- The first-ever RS 3 Sportback will arrive in Australia in October
- Iconic 2.5-litre 5cyl turbo engine with 270kW/465Nm
- Scorchingly hot pricetag of $78,900 MLP will ensure strong sales
Australia, 13 August 2015 â€“ The exhilarating Audi RS 3 Sportback will finally land â€šwheels downâ€˜ on Australian shores in October 2015, with a pricetag that is as sharp as its prodigous performance.
At just $78,900 MLP, the first-ever RS 3 Sportback to land in Australia will also be the most affordable RS model Audi has ever introduced.
â€œThe new Audi RS 3 Sportback delivers uncompromising performance,â€ said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia Pty Ltd.
â€œWith its imposing stance on the road, astonishingly good dynamics and distinctively â€˜Audi Sportâ€™ five-cylinder engine, the new RS 3 will undoubtedly make a strong mark on the local hot hatch scene. The sharp pricing and specification weâ€™ve negotiated will ensure that this long-awaited performance model will find the success it deserves in this competitive market,â€ said Mr Doyle.
The RS 3 Sportback is powered by Audiâ€™s award-winning 2.5 TFSI 5-cylinder engine, developing 270kW and 465Nm. In conjunction with the sporty 7-speed S tronic transmission and special RS-tuned quattro all-wheel drive system, the RS 3 will demolish 100km/h from rest in an incredible 4.3 seconds.
Befitting such a high-end performance model, the new RS 3 Sportback arrives with a generous list of standard equipment. Highlights include:
- LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: parking assist with rear view camera
- 19-inch alloy wheels in 5-arm rotor design
- â€˜RSâ€™ specific front and rear bumpers, side sill trims and diffuser insert
- â€˜RSâ€™ tuned sports suspension
- â€˜RSâ€™ sports exhaust system with dual oval tailpipes
- â€˜RSâ€™ sport front seats with electric lumbar support
- Digital Radio reception (DAB+)
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather/Alcantara wrapped multifunction 3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel with aluminium shift paddles
- Audi Side Assist
- Anti-theft alarm
- Convenience key
(Manufacturer List Pricing [MLP] â€“ excludes dealer delivery and government statutory charges)
- RS 3 Sportback 2.5 TFSI quattro S tronic 270kW $78,900